Who we are:
At Greektown Casino-Hotel, we are a diverse group of team members who possess a friendly disposition, attention to detail and an unwavering dedication to superior guest service. Greektown Casino-Hotel is committed to providing the best experience any customer can have, so exceptional guest service is our #1 priority, and our team members are our most valuable asset.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for the proper and efficient frying and grilling of all meats, fish, fowl, or poultry. Accountable for the efficiency and operation of the areas of the kitchen they are assigned.
- React to food orders in an efficient and proper manner, assuring presentations and procedures are being followed.
- Ability to work the grill, deep fryer, sauté and pantry stations proficiently.
- Estimate and requisition supplies from the receiving areas for service.
- Prepare for rush periods and monitor progress by staff.
- Ability to set up and break down all food stations in the kitchens.
- Season food, add garnish, sauce or vegetables, on the order, as determined by the chef.
- Perform job combinations as necessary in the kitchen.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Assure that the kitchen is closed down properly after each shift. And be held accountable for the checking of this function.
Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff.
Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
Ability to perform basic math.
Education: High school education or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years previous experience necessary in hot and cold food production and execution.
City of Detroit Food Handler Permit.
What you’ll get:
Greektown Casino provides a competitive compensation package to all Team Members. We offer Team Members a choice of premium medical care plans, as well as extremely low cost dental and eye care benefits. Our Team Members also have the option of participating in a matching 401(k) savings plan and for those interested in furthering their education, tuition reimbursement is provided.
Greektown also has paid holidays and paid time off as well as paid vacations!
About Greektown Casino-Hotel:
Greektown Casino-Hotel is located in the heart of Detroit’s premier entertainment district. That’s why Greektown Casino is appreciated as much by its guests as by its Team Members. Its location — close to the Joe Louis Arena, a People Mover ride away from Cobo Convention Center, within walking distance of Comerica Park and Ford Field – makes it an essential part of Downtown Detroit’s continued growth.
|Job Category||Restaurant / Food Service|